Who is who in Blackmoon Prophecy II? The following list names off everyone of importance in the game, or anyone who may be frequently referenced.
Alduin Vainstrong: The current Emperor of Ivalice. Grandson of Vahn Vainstrong.
Alexander: A holy elemental Esper.
Astaroth: A shadow elemental Esper.
Asura: A holy elemental Esper.
Atomos: A gravity based Esper.
Bahamut: One of the two Guardians of Gaia and symbol of the Ivalician dragoons.
Biggs: A junior Augurer stationed as a guard at Bacchus Garrison in Lindblum City.
Bolt Redford: A young street urchin who travels to Lindblum from Berona City. Unsure of how he made the journey and seems to have amnesia.
Braak Amiro: Former Ivalician military officer who was killed one century ago by Vahn Vainstrong.
Carbuncle: An Esper.
Carina Madeen: A white mage who flees from Branch to escape the wrath of the Church of Graviton. She ends up in the town of Kaipo.
Carwen Berona: Founder of the Berona Republic. Died several decades ago from unknown causes. Poison was suspected.
Cid Beryl: Commander of Lindblum’ Augurer task force and the first soldier to ever become an Augurer.
Cihuacoatl: An earth elemental Esper.
Commodore Viceley: Lindblum’s leading naval officer and captain of the Tidechaser vessel.
Diablos: A shadow elemental Esper.
Duamutef: A dual elemental (holy/shadow) Esper.
Duke Fargo: Ruler of Northern Lenadia. He schemes to make his seat of power, Faluhd Castle, the new capital of the kingdom.
Edric Csardim: A Lenadian knight who has served his kingdom for decades. Sent to Lindblum to assess the Esper threat.
Enuo: Former denizen of the Esper World. Steward of the Rift Shrine.
Eris Typhoon: Leader of the Church of Graviton. A cold and hateful woman who openly slaughters non-believers.
Ezra Highwind: Zephyr Highwind’s deceased sister, a Lindblum knight. Perished when defending Darnecles Castle from Beronian attackers.
Fenrir: Sole remaining Esper who has bonded with a human. He resides within Keren Farabrandt.
Firon: A weapons master living out of Lenadia Castle. Briefly served as Silas’ mentor.
Gilgamesh: A man who is obsessed with collecting all known weapons in the world. Cheats death simply by being too stubborn to stay dead.
Godot: Eidolon (Half-Esper) who serves as an ambassador and consultant to Lindblum’s Regent Handel.
Graviton: A deity that supposedly sinks lands and aims to restore purity to the world. His existence has not been proven.
Hautley von Muir: An elderly black mage and Lindblum City’s leading expert in magic studies.
Ifrit: A fire elemental Esper.
Ixchel: A thunder elemental Esper.
Ixion: A thunder elemental Esper.
Izlude Raithwall: Descendant of a shamed family who seeks to destroy all Espers or anyone who stands in his way.
Janus Alunira: Elder of Mystic Mysidia. Also the world’s most experienced white mage.
Jasmine Amiro: The “Timeless One” who ages at a tenth of the regular speed a human would normally age. Elementalist and monk.
Jossley Bunansa: One of Duke Fargo’s four senior soldiers.
Keren Farabrandt: Sole living Kindred (summoner) still alive. Over one hundred years of age. She has bonded with Fenrir.
King Vale: Long standing leadership figure of the small Darnecles territory within the Berona Republic.
Lars Silverson: Descendant of Kain Silverson, former King of Branch. Elder of the town of Branch who lives in fear of Eris Typhoon.
Leviathan: A water elemental Esper.
Lord Balthier: Ivalician military commander and head of the dragoons.
Lord Zeul: Former Ivalician military leader who sought to destroy order as well as the world itself.
Lysha Peperro: Leader of the Lenadian adventuring guild known as The Mistwalkers.
Malacore: Powerful artificial being that threatened the balance of the world one century ago.
Marduk: An earth elemental Esper.
Markim Alunira: Berona Republic’s leading physicist and scientist and senior board member of the Berona Power Company.
Mira Csardim: Younger sister of Edric Csardim. She is also a knight who aspires for there to be a unified Lenadia.
Montblanc: An easily stressed moogle who works as assistant to Augurer Commander Cid Beryl.
Mundilfari: Leader of the Underworld.
Necrosis: A shadow elemental Esper.
Odin: One of the two Guardians of Gaia, he resides in solitude.
Orilon: A shadow elemental Esper. Ramuh’s second in command.
Ozma: An Esper.
Phoenix: A fire elemental Esper.
Ramuh: A lightning elemental Esper. He leads the Esper revolt against humanity.
Randall Heidegger: A senior board member of the Berona Power Company.
Razz: A dim-witted and overconfident Esper hunter.
Regent Handel: The current ruler of Lindblum.
Reiner Ardell: Experienced Augurer with a cold personality. He works alongside Zephyr Highwind.
Rudra: A fire elemental Esper.
Sapphire Ling: An orphan who was taken in by the ninjas in the Village of Zen. Skilled ninjutsu practitioner.
Shiva: An ice elemental Esper.
Silas Hedgeley: A young Lenadian swordsman who wears the armor that once belonged to Siegfried Sigmundson.
Siren: An Esper.
Soren Berona: Current President of the Berona Republic and head of the Berona Power Company.
Suijin: A water elemental Esper.
The Voice: A disembodied voice that can commune with mages who touch the Crystals of Element.
Trigger Ramsay: A Beronian engineer stationed in Alexandria as the local Berona Power Company supervisor.
Tritoch: A multi-elemental Esper.
Vahn Vainstrong: Former Emperor of Ivalice. He was married to Vera Farabrandt.
Vera Farabrandt: Former Empress of Ivalice. She was married to Vahn Vainstrong.
Vertumnus: An earth elemental Esper.
Vinzer Faol: One of Duke Fargo’s four senior soldiers.
Wedge: A junior Augurer stationed as a guard at Bacchus Garrison in Lindblum City.
Winter: Zephyr’s white chocobo who previously belonged to his sister, Ezra, before she left to defend Darnecles Castle.
Zalmour Ferranti: One of Duke Fargo’s four senior soldiers.
Zephyr Highwind: A junior Augurer paired with Reiner Ardell. He is the main character.
In order to help players better understand the world of Gaia, which I am continuously working on in-game, I am also often working on documents and such to expand on the “lore” that has long existed in my head over the years since the inception of the first Blackmoon Prophecy game. A timeline was started on the Final Fantasy Fandom Wiki (link in the sidebar to the right) and I’ve decided to include it here as well.
Two designations are used to illustrate different time periods. BC is an abbreviation of Before Cataclysm while AD is an abbreviation of After Destruction.
- The Guardians of Balance create the Crystals of Element as well as the Aspects of Gaia, Bahamut and Odin, to oversee their protection.
- Enuo creates the interdimensional Rift Shrine, accidentally linking it between the Esper World and Gaia.
- The first Kindred summoners are born as a result of Esper and Human relationships. Espers achieve immortal status by binding themselves to the summoners.
- Belmont becomes Emperor of Ivalice.
- Siegfried Sigmundson is born.
- Keren Farabrandt is born.
- Elise Vainstrong and Kain Silverson, the King of Branch, begin a discreet affair.
- Oalston Saradin is born.
- Vahn Vainstrong is born.
- War almost breaks out between Branch and Ivalice, but is averted by Branch’s leading diplomat, General Adder.
- Ami Peperro is born.
- Braak Amiro is born.
- Elise and Vahn Vainstrong are sent to live in the town of Valla.
- Ami Peperro becomes the apprentice of blue mage Lysha Harcourt.
- Zeul ascends to the rank of Lord within the Ivalice Empire.
- Emperor Belmont grows more harsh, his reign taking a more ruthless tone.
- Another war nearly breaks out between Branch and Ivalice but, once more, it is averted by Branch’s leading diplomat, General Adder.
- Emperor Belmont of Ivalice and Lord Zeul begin to implement their plan to destroy the kingdom of Branch.
- Siegfried Sigmundson leaves Kaipo in search of Excalibur.
- Zeul creates Omicron, but discards him after deeming him a failure.
- Ami Peperro and Lysha Harcourt part ways.
- Zeul creates Malacore and hides him away within Branch’s Crystal of Water.
- The Crystal War during which Branch tries to seize control over all Crystals of Element takes place. Branch loses the struggle after Ivalice, Lenadia, Lindblum and a small force of Espers defeat King Branch.
- The events of Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy take place.
- The merger of the Esper World and Gaia known as ‘Great Cataclysm’ occurs.
- Vahn wakes up after spending a year in coma after the merging of Gaia and the Esper World, which was responsible for the destruction of Branch, Lenadia and Lindblum.
- Emperor Belmont of Ivalice is murdered by Lord Zeul.
- After the defeat of Zeul, Siegfried returns to his lover only to find him dead and commits suicide by plunging himself from the top of Mt. Houzell.
- Bosche Gore meets the elusive treasure hunter Cole. The two become friends and a treasure hunting duo.
- Jasmine Amiro remains on the moon after the defeat of Zeul, the energies of the Lunargrove Abyss warping her body and making her age at a tenth of the regular speed of which one ages.
- Elina Alunira becomes elder of Mystic Mysidia.
- Godot and his many Esper associates converge on Lindblum to assist with rebuilding the kingdom.
- Substantial earthquakes rattle Lenadia and Lindblum. Some chunks of lands fall into the ocean.
- Oalston Saradin oversees construction of a new Mage Tower in Lindblum.
- The Citadel, Ivalice’s original capital, is abandoned due to past corruption and a desire by the current rulers for Ivalice to start over. Alexandria, the new capital, is constructed to the west.
- Vahn Vainstrong and Vera Farabrandt marry.
- Ami Peperro and General Leonardo of the Lenadian Military marry. The two open an adventuring guild known as the Mistwalkers.
- Balthasar Vainstrong, son of Vahn Vainstrong and Vera Farabrandt, is born.
- Grandmaster Nobumasa of the Village of Zen tears down the long standing Tower of Trials.
- Large earthquakes devastate Branch and approximately seventy five percent of the kingdom is lost to the sea as a result of the quakes.
- Markim Alunira, son of Elina Alunira, is born.
- Darius Nobleton dies at the hand of Carwen Berona during the battle with rebels. Monuments are constructed in the cities of Alexandria and Port Vainstrong to honour to him.
- The Berona Republic is officially formed. Branch is dissolved, its remnants mostly being absorbed into the Berona Republic.
- Alduin Vainstrong, son of Balthasar Vainstrong, is born.
- Bosche Gore passes away from old age.
- Hautley von Muir is born.
- A cataclysmically large earthquake destroys central Lindblum. The expansive Lantz Lake is formed as a result.
- After continuous tremors sink lands long after the worlds merged, religious fanatics believe it is a deity’s work which gives rise to the Church of Graviton.
- Oalston Saradin starts to teach Hautley von Muir the black magic.
- Carwen Berona dies of unknown causes, though poisoning is suspected.
- Elina Alunira passes away from old age.
- The Berona Republic tries to capture territory belonging to Darnecles, but is driven back by Ivalice.
- Vera Farabrandt passes away from old age.
- Keren Farabrandt bonds with the Esper Fenrir after it is released from Vera.
- 57 AD
Vahn Vainstrong passes away from old age. His son, Balthasar, inherits the throne of Ivalice.
- Oalston Saradin passes away from old age.
- Cid Beryl is born.
- Reiner Ardell is born.
- Regent Gran passes away from old age. Lindblum receives a new ruler, Regent Lorn.
- Ami Peperro passes away from old age.
Grandmaster Nobumasa passes away from old age.
The land bridge linking the former Branch island to Lenadia is shaken by massive tremors and sinks into the ocean.
- Reiner Ardell enlists with the Lindblum Army.
- Silas Hedgeley is born.
- An orphaned Sapphire Ling is found outside of the Village of Zen. She is taken in by the ninjas and raised as one of them.
- Lysha Peperro, granddaughter of Ami Peperro, is born.
- Balthasar Vainstrong passes away from old age. His son, Alduin, inherits the throne of Ivalice.
- Silas Hedgeley unearths armor once belonging to Siegfried Sigmundson at the base of Mt. Houzell.
- Ezra Highwind finds an abandoned white chocobo chick which she adopts and names Winter.
- Regent Lorn passes away from old age. Lindblum receives a new ruler, Regent Handel.
- Central Ivalice is rocked by the largest earthquakes ever recorded. The historic town of Bavira is lost as lands across Ivalice gives way. Emperor Alduin Vainstrong declares a state of emergency which lasts several months.
- Ezra Highwind, a Lindblum soldier, is deployed to Darnecles Castle to protect it from Beronian rebels. The castle is saved, but Ezra perishes.
- Reiner Ardell leaves the Lindblum Army after not wishing to be discharged to protect Darnecles Castle, instead opting to take on mercenary work around his hometown of Kaipo.
- Trigger Ramsay is stationed in Alexandria as head engineer of the Berona Power Company’s operations in Ivalice.
- A treaty is signed between Darnecles Castle and the Berona Republic, recognizing Darnecles as a separate state existing within the Republic.
- Seven months before the events of Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy II, Espers turn on humanity and start to kill people. Kaipo is the first town to suffer from the attack.
- Keren Farabrandt visits Lindblum and teaches an advanced form of blue magic to their best soldiers, giving rise to the Augurers. Commander Cid Beryl is appointed as their leader.
- Seven months before the events of Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy II, Bolt arrives in Lindblum.
Blackmoon Prophecy II’s roster of sprites is always increasing. Many are simple edits, but some are a bit more original and thorough. As of July 8, here is the current roster of sprites. Quite a diverse crew!
Alternate Currencies: There are various ways to acquire new items in Blackmoon Prophecy II outside of spending gold. Different currencies can be acquired that can be used to obtain new items. Continue reading “Features as of July 2014”
Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy II has a whole slew of activities that players will be able to involve themselves in. This page details everything that’s in the game that the player will be able to take part in. Continue reading “Activities & Minigames”
Set one hundred years after the first game, it is obvious that many characters from Blackmoon Prophecy are now deceased. However, some familiar names may still pop up throughout the game as a result of characters in the first game forming families and producing offspring. Continue reading “Continuity: Family Names & Relatives”